im 17 years old. and for the last 3 1/2 days the top of my penis burn.
It did start after masturbating. That day I did it 3 times. after the third time the buring started. and somtimes the buring feeling goes down and when it does it feels like the nerves are going crazy, I can't really describe the feeling, it's like a poking sensation, but it's sharper. it's kind of like spraing your ankle and when the pain is gone, it still feels like somethings wrong. the nerve feeling comes only when the buring feeling goes down. It's not that intense, i could go to sleep, no back bain, everything else feels fine. it's not std, i have never been sexualy acitve.
i take a shower everyday, so the area has been alwasys clean. what could it be?

Are you circumcised or not? Are experiencing any problems with retracting your foreskin if there is any?

You may be causing some irritation to your urethra during masturbation. Are you using any lubricants during masturbation? They can often cause the burning.

It could also be some bacterial infection that has nothing to do with STDs.

Is this the first time you are experiencing the problem?

i'm not circumzised. not experiencing any problems with retracting the foreskin. and i'm not using lubricants during masturbation. it is my first time experiencing the problem.

almost at the inside of the penis, their is a small area that is red, and alittle swollen. and it did get alittle better after it first happend.

is there any treatment methods I could do, I what to avoid the doctor as much as possilbe becasue I am 17 and don't want to tell my parents about it.

Well, the redness, swelling, and the burning remind me of the thrush. Most often, you get thrush after sex, because candida (a fungus that causes it) lives in women’s vagina. However, sex is not the only way to get thrush.

Men also have Candida fungus on their skin. Candida lives in moist and warm skin (read under the foreskin) or skin that is already irritated with perfumes and soaps. You are at higher risk if you have diabetes, because Candida also likes high sugar.

The symptoms are noticed when Candida had multiplied.

This condition is treated with antifungal creams, but I wouldn’t recommended you getting anything on your own. This may even not be thrush.

If you don’t want to go to a doctor, wash yourself with only water, avoid all the soaps and perfumed washing gels, make sure you dry yourself (down there) well, and then see if something will change.
You could also modify your diet; don’t eat junk and fast food, avoid diary product, alcohol and caffeine, eat as much fruits and vegetables.

Thrush could go away on its own without treatment but this will definitely prolong your symptoms.

But then again, what if it’s not thrush???

i'm going to go see a urologiest. I don't know anything about all this, and I don't what to wait anymore.

Is it going to be as embarrassing as it seems?
and this might be a stupid question but should I shave down there before I go to the doctor?

It won’t be embarrassing at all. Do you really think you are the only one who suffers from such problems? Honestly, your problem is like nothing comparing to stuff that can happen down there. You should talk honestly to your urologist and ask him/her what you would like to know. There is nothing to be ashamed about.

If you usually shave down there, you can also shave for your appointment. If you don’t, there is no need to. Let me know how it went!

Hi, I'm a male aged 16.
I have read this article but it is not the exact same problem, I am Diabetic and sometimes when i have finished masturbation, i then urinate but after about 1 minute of urinating i start to get a burning feeling in my penis, it stings like hell and i am worried if this is an infection of any kind.

My blood sugar levels are usually kept between 4 - 7; which is good, although sometimes as experienced by every diabetic i will have an all time high reading, and i will quickly correction bolus to bring it back down. My Diabetes is under control.

I would love some advice, off here because i don't want to tell my parents and also i don't want to go to the doctor.

thanks, Rob

I also have a similar problem. Avter ejaculation i get a burnig feeling. And the head of my penis is red almost all the time. It has started 1 weeks ago . I haven't done sex for a long time so the option of catching something is excluded. I also get a burning hurting sort of feeling when i retract the foreskin. I have used some Vitamin A cream. Is it anything serious??? Should i see a urologist??

I was reading some other forum (long ago). If it's after masturbation (even a day after) one theory was that you're being to rough! A second theory was because the ejaculation brought on artificially during masturbation (i.e. not like full climax during sex) if you don't bring it on 100% this can lead to some temporary issues.

There was more then 20 people on this forum topic speaking of this problem(no specialist knew the answer).

Hope this info helps.

...yea....i'v been on vacation, had nothing to do, and have been on a masterbating spree so to say. After this last one, any time my peinus is touched or is exposed to any pressure it burns like hell. even now it's dully burning. any idea?

well about a week ago i was masturbating and after i finished about 10 minutes later the tip, but inside of my penis started kind of burning and then kind of itching. sometimes its off and on and it gets itchy on the inside of the tip even right now its kind of a low burn/itch feeling, im kind of worried. im hoping it will go away on its own? i want to avoid telling my parents. can anyone tell me whats wrong with my penis and why its doing this.

i'm 33 year old. i,ve been experiencing painful burning sensations in the foreskin and especially on the tip of the penis. the burning feels also like it comes from the inside of the penis tip. i have no cuts or puss but the mentioned locations are very irritated and red. it started two weeks ago with a lot of itching after i musterbated with a lotion and didn't wash properly or after i had sex with my wife while having her period. apart from that i had no sex with other women. i tried canesten hc with no success. doctor gave me nizoral cream and bentedine scrub but still the burning is painful especially after urinating. now the doc recomended siprox antibiotics which i started yesterday. could it be an infection? i urinate clear urine with no visible blood. but i'm a little worried because it's been the same for 2 weeks now and the only releif from the iritated foreskin and tip is moisterizer ( atoderm cream ). i can't have sex at the moment because the burning gets wors and the skin is much more red and irritated especially the tip. by the way i'm not circumcised.

i get a burning after i masturbate and only after masturbating...i do it once a day like clockwork at 5 oclock when i get off work...for the next 15-20 minutes it feel likes i have to pee unbelievably bad...even if i do urinate it still feels like i have to for those 15-20 minutes and on top of that, the tip of my penis burns like soap just got in it or something liken to that....is this an STD come out of no where or could the masturbation or possibly some prostate problem be the cause?

No, more likely is not an STD if you have not had sex with an infected person. What it could is infection and/or irritation. The same happens to me even though I have never had sex. By the way, when you fill the burning, have you tried checking the part of the urinating track that is in the tip of your penis. It may answer some questions. In my case I found a salt-like substance, which I suppose means infection.

yeh im 17 and i have had the same problem for 3 days. I play alot of sport and at first i thort it was due to the rugby shorts i wear. Now i kno its not. Its releiving to kno ppl have the same problem,