Private areas feel raw, tender skin, just feels like too much acid in system. Urinating burns and rectum burns. NO unprotected sex, so STD is out, married and cheating not even a thought. Went to gyn and they sent in urine to lab, no yeast and no bacterial. pain still here. When wearing clothes it even hurts to sit. Just feels raw. Mostly a burning sensation like insides on fire when going to bathroom. No blood, no discharge. Age 50. On estrogen, had hysterectomy years ago. Just tired of being sore. Bought all cotton underwear. Out of idea.... Please, any idea? What type of doctor would I go to next? Since rectum and vagina feel like they are burning, I do not know what kind of doctor to go to next or what else can I try to do? What kind of doctor should I see? Is this just skin irritations?

Your situation sounds alot like mine. I'm finding the hormone replacment medication (Activella) and some birth control pills made the condition worse. No one else seems to have these symptoms, and the physicians are puzzled too. When I was off all hormones for a few weeks, the symptoms stopped.

I found birth control pills and Activella caused the same symptoms you described. I believe it is the synthetic estrogen in the pills.

My symptoms started when I was put on LoOvral. I was diagnosed with Intersistial Cystis years later. Even the medications for the IC didn't help the burning.

Recently, I was confirmed menopausal. They took me off all birth control pills to do the test, and all the symptoms stopped. When the doctor put me on Activella, I thought I was on fire. I've gradually cut the Activella into 1/4's and use a soy supplement and progesterone creme to help with the symptoms of menopause.

I'm currently seeking bioidentical hormone treatments as I believe the synthetics are the cause of my problems.

I am using birth control pills and I never had any issues like you did, I feel a burning after urination only when I have some infection. Generally, I know that this is not pleasant at all and that this bothers everyone, but you should know that vaginal and rectum itching and irritation are two very common things and it usually doesn't cause for concern. But, sure, if this continues and if you start to have problems with persistent itching, burning, and irritation may be a sign of some infection. You really should find an underlying cause for this and start with the healing process as soon as possible. In my opinion, you are using too many pills at this moment. Maybe you have some allergic reaction as well. 

To 1st writer, I remembered your post and a had similar problem. After seeing 3 urologists and 2 OB/GYNs and surgery for Intersistal Cystitis (which I dont have9, I tried a product from a natural food store called Ladies Choice 9 menopause. It is made by natural Balance Inc. It is a dietary supplement and has 9 natural ingredients that balance hormones without any side effects. I stated to fell better after 1 day and now after 3 full days feel fine. I am not 100% sure yet if I will have recurring syptoms as it is so soon, but wanted to pass this along to you asap. The docs ALL said my hormones were fine. They don`t know what they are talking about and only look at 1 blood test. Please try this as I suffered for several months and finally feel some relief. I hope this works for yoy or anyone else with these issues. I had severe burning, stinging ans itching in rectal and vaginal area as well. Best of luck!!

i have burning outside of vagina and some in my rectum. I always feel like I have to go pee. No bacteria but there are white blood cells. Can anyone tell me if this is IC? :-(

am a 29 year old male and i have had similar symptoms, they came with no warning over night. the burning in the urinary track that makes you feel uncomfortable and just recently had rectum burning sensation. went to many doctors and was told i was fine. and recently had went to a university hospital, one of the best of its kind and had in less than an hour figured i have a type of prostitus. none life threatening and curable. they referred to it as bacteria of the prostate. hope this is helpful.

I am 46 and also experiencing a slight burn in my penis and rectum, not 100% of the time but mostly. I had a urine test (negative) and blood test (negative) and then took some medicine prescribed by the doctor for yeast infection with no result.

How did they determine you had prostitus? what test?

Thanks

I am 46 and also experiencing a slight burn in my penis and rectum, not 100% of the time but mostly. This has been going on for 3-4 weeks. I had a urine test (negative) and blood test (negative) and then took some medicine prescribed by the doctor for yeast infection with no result.

How did they determine you had prostitus? what was the test?

This was so helpful! After seeing several doctors, you solved my problems with the idea that the hormones may be causing the burning and itching. I had the burning/itching for over 4 months . . . after I read what you said, I researched and discovered that it started the same time I started on a new estrogen hormone. I've been off of them for 6 days and it's completely better. What a RELIEF! Hopefully, the word will spread about this hideous side effect. The prescribing doctors are totally unaware! Thanks for your help!!!

I'm really glad to hear that you were able to find the root of the problem because it could have been a long and drawn out battle between you and your doctor for figuring out the source of this and quite costly as well! What's the specific drug that you were taking tos that others can avoid taking it as well? I think that information would be helpful. Thanks!

thanks! this is really helpful. i think hormonal imbalance has occured in my case following up by vaginal and rectum irritation. is there any way of rectifying hormonal imbalance without medication? it disrupts my emotional balance as well.

unfortunetly there can be many different things that could cause those symptoms so you will have to weed through and hopefully find a good dr to help. I had similiar problems for almost 2 years i went back and forth to clinics drs urologists etc it was a nightmare! I took so many different meds and remedies made myself a wreck cause docs sometimes suck ecspecially if you have no or crappy insurance... I actually figures it out finally on my own... I had hemerroids since giving birth to my kids and I managed them without problems, they had been bothering me but I didnt relate it to my severe bladder pain and constant peeing, burning and vaginal discomfort because the docs never said anything either... anyways I noticed I would have inflammation in my rectum and started linking it to my vag/bladder probs because if I could manage my anal pain I had less vag/bladder pain I told this to a nurse prac that would listen and he scheduled me to see a gastro and get a colonoscopy which showed I had ANAL CRYPTITIS which is inflammation of the glands, somehow they can affect the bladder/vagina, I see a lot of women with this IC etc, a couple docs were trying to convince me I might have that but I new it was BS, any woman who has ongoing vag/bladder probs should have your rectum checked and pay attention to whether or not you are having any symptoms in your rectum and be seen by a gastro, if docs dont listen then you better get dramatic and demanding or they never will! I hope the best for everyone and pray for healing and wisdom for every situation because I know how frustrating and painful it can be.

Thank you for this!! I never ever thought about the estrace I am taking......I even went to the gyne and she told me I was actually missing a piece of skin off my vaginal area, which was making the pain off the charts. I know she was shocked when she saw the layer of skin missing (I have not been able to have relations with my hubby for a while when the sking was missing and it took a long time to heal)
I rinse after urinating (which helps), put on neosporin (which gyne told me to), and now maybe I will get off the hormones - pray I don't go nuts again. I have to take the chance. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
This is so awful, I have been taking hormone therapy for 20 years (surgical ovaries removed).
Time to stop all this stuff - We are guinea pigs - sometimes we have to help each other.

similar issues with vaginal and rectal burning . all started after a urinary infection . took all 

the antibiotics as directed. 48 hrs later had chills & fever.  to the ER recheck urine

bacteria still there, so they prescribed me ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day until finished.

this was on Dec 20th, by the 22nd I was having difficulties urinating, it was painful . also have severe

burning, stinging, like needles on my premium and rectum, my feet felt hot ,tingling pokey very painful,

my skin on my buttocks felt hot , painful to sit. returned to ER on the 25, retest urine no infection, they run a STD 

screening, negative. told stop the ciprofloxacin, no solution gave me diflucan

and said follow up with your Dr.  my primary Dr referred me to a urologist, that's a two week wait . 

I followed up with my obgyn she seemed puzzled at first , everything looked normal she sent out a swab results neg. 

prescribed me 2 doses of the diflucan taken 48 hrs apart, she suspects systemic 

yeast infection. then a friend suggests kefir probiotic found in the yogurt section in the grocery store. 

to my surprise in three days my pain and burning are almost gone, I have also added stoney field yogurt

to my treatment,  day 1 kefir 8 oz at bed time, day 2 morning and bed time each 8 more oz.

day 3 decided to add one more cup of kefir to my treatment, also added the stony field drinkable smoothie poo packed 

with acidophilus drank two of them, today is day 4 of the kefir and yogurt, starting not to crave the kefir but craving the yogurt smoothie.

I hope this has helped,

best of luck :)