Hi, I have had this problem for around 3 years, I am 19 and still a virgin. I have started seeing a girl and sex is bound to happen soon. Basically I think its about time I got this sorted, but reading some of the things you have to go through to get these things tested really scares me. The symptons are very 'on-off' sometimes everyday for a week, then not any symptons for a month. When the symptons do occur, when urinating I can see the colour of my urine go a cloudy white colour then back to normal, then at the end of urination a pure white liquid passes through. This is when the excruciating burning sensation at the tip of my penis starts, and it feels as if I still need to urinate. The pain can sometimes dissapear instantly and other times can continue for up to an hour. If I carefully open the penis opening (japs-eye) I can sometimes see white solids inside the shaft of the penis. I find ejaculation can get rid of the pain also drinking lots of water to pass urine again helps. Basically, the reason I haven't seen a doctor before is because I am sh*t scared of getting my penis out in front of someone I don't really know and not knowing what they are going to do. Please can someone explain the basic steps to getting this sorted? Who I should see? Who I should book an appointment with (I live in the UK) ? What tests will be carried out? Are they painful? Anyone who has had these symtons and been cured? Any help would be greatly appriciated :-) Thanks

Well the test should not be painful. But I am afraid that you might have STD. Do you know that you had any contact whit someone that has an STD?
I think that you need to go to doctor and check yourself before you have sex with your partner. You need to protect her as well as you need to protect yourself. Pleas keep us posted.

Whether the test is painful or not at this point should not be the issue. I can tell you from experience as a man that any tests they give you are slightly uncomfortable at best but that fades very quickly. I don't mean to scare you, but leaving something like this untreated could mean that you could cause permanent damage to your penis. I know that you are a little scared, but it's much better than dealing with permanent damage! Please keep us posted on how it goes.

I can confirm that it is not a STD - as 'I am still a virgin' as I said in the original post. Thanks for the posts guys! who should I see about getting this sorted? my doctor or a sexual health clinic?
Thanks

Well since it is not an STD then you should definitely go see your GP. It will probably turn out to be a bladder infection or a UTI and the doctor can put you on an antibiotic to clear it up pretty quickly. In either case, keep us posted on what the diagnosis turns out to be so we can offer some more support. Thanks for posting!

my dad had this. i noticed it when i was playing with it in the bath. the water kept going cloudy from his snake. my uncle also had this problem as well as all my male cousins.