I have severe pain in neck shoulders and arms with hands numb and tips of fingers stinging hot. Cannot sleep as shoulder and arm pain keep me from finding any comfortable posistion. Pain in back of neck and right side of face and head is becoming more severe. If this is mild, what is severe ?

What you describe sounds like a C5-6 or C6-7 disc issue. This is not mild. If your doctor told you that, you need a second opinion based on the results of an MRI to be sure. Depending upon the stability of the vertebrae and discs below the injured disc, recovery process can be anywhere from 3 to 6 months, including time off from work and physical therapy and just learning to use that area a little more restrictively. RESEARCH YOUR DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL! Nurses can be great, adequate or not so hot-just as it is with any profession and that can change the hospital experience dramatically.