I have heard for so many cases where women want to perform cesarean section. I still think that God gave us natural way to give a birth, so I do not understand this. I believe there are some cases when C-section is required, but still I cannot understand why. Can you tell me more about way cesarean section is performed? Beside this, I am interested into risks of this procedure, what to expect after giving birth this way.

Cesarean section is abdominal and not vaginal delivery, which means woman delivers baby through a surgical abdominal incision. Doctors usually perform cesarean section when vaginal birth is not possible or when it is not safe for the mother or the child. Mostly, those are the reasons why someone performs C-section, and not just wish of mother without any medical approval. Off course, there are women that want especially C-section, but rare. Surgery is usually done while the woman is awake but anesthetized from the chest to the legs. An incision is made across the abdomen just above the woman’s pubic area. The uterus is opened, the amniotic fluid is drained, and the baby is delivered during this procedure. The baby's mouth and nose are cleared of fluids, and the umbilical cord is clamped and cut, similar like after vaginal birth. There are many reasons why woman should have cesarean section. I will tell you just some of the reasons related to the baby. When gynecologist notices developmental abnormalities of the fetus, such as hydrocephalus or spina bifida, he will recommend her to have C-section. This has become very safe procedures, and rate of serious complications, such as maternal death related to C-section delivery, is extremely low.