What kind of anaesthesia is usually given in c- section? I’m 7 months pregnant and am very skinny. My gyn is not worried about how I’m going to give a birth to my baby, but normally, I am. I’m thinking about what if I would have to have c- section performed. I would not like to have that big visible scar. Where exactly incision is made in c- section?

It is usually made below the bikini line. I had c- section when delivered my second baby. Scar that has left is absolutely not that visible as I thought that it would be. My c- section was done with epidural anaesthesia. It is usually very rare that c- section is done with general anaesthesia in modern practice. If it is not needed you may decide on your own if want to have c-section or not.

I had 3 sections in 7 years. In all surgeries they gave me epidural anaesthesia. Now I am suffering from siviour back pain.