Hi! I had c-section just over year ago and my scar is still bright red and thick. I think that maybe it is keloid scar. I’m not sure but it’s looks like keloid scar. It is painful when I touch it or scratch it. Does anybody have a similar problem? Tell me your experience.

I also had c-section 2 year ago. It was unplanned and difficult. I have big red scar. I thought it might be taking a long time to heal completely. But now I want another child and I worry that another pregnancy may stretch the scar to the point of pain and that it may lead to more scarring.

I had an unplanned c-section 5 months ago. I was at the doctors a few weeks ago and they told me I had keloids. I was wondering what was worng it is thick and ropey feeling. also I have an ugly small ppouch of skin kust above it and the scar is asymetrical, I think it is very ugly I didn't think it was normal but I had never seen anyones scar so I didn't know. My doctor said if I have another baby she can cut it out and them innject the are with steroids but I hear cutting it can make it worse but who knows. I can't wait to have another baby because I want it fixed. I am reading you should do the injections early I am not sure why she didn't suggest that. If my new health insurance wasn't so expensive I would try to make another appt to get sme injections :-(

I had a C-section in March (8 months ago) and the scar never went away. It got thick and very very itchy so I went see my OB after 6 months, who referred me to a plastic surgeon. She injected some steroid and told me to go back in 6 weeks. It's been 4 weeks now, but I don't see any improvement yet. I never had any problem with any cut or ear piercing.

I had a c-section 20 months ago and my scar is thick, itchy, and dark. I am now 6 months pregnant...fortunately my scar has not gotten any bigger and I don't feel any pain from my growing belly being stretched, but the scar is still often itchy. I use a lot of moisturizers on my stomach and on the keloid scar to soothe the itchy feeling.

I had a c-section 13 months ago and the scar keloided (sound just like you discribed). My next baby is due in a month and a half and there has been no change in the appearance of the scar (although it is still itchy from time to time). The doctor advised that if I have another c-section they can “clean up” the scar by cutting away the extra scar tissue and do a steroid injection to help prevent the scar from keloiding again. It seems the only benefit of having the section over a VBAC ;-)

I had a ceserean 13months ago and as a result i got a keloid scar. I have been told my my doctor the best thing for it is cilicone strips on it which makes it smaller, less red and itchy. I suggest any one suffering from this to get some from your doctor. I read that this can be an on going thing with any injury or surgery you may under-go in the future, these may result in keloid scarring too. When i was younger i got a burn and that was raised and red so im guessing that was a keloid scar but fortunately it has become lighter and smaller...but it was a long time ago. I hate this scar...but its something we must live with now forever and a constant reminder of our beautiful babies :D...I was just wondering does keloid scarring due to ceserean affect you with another pregnancy...is there any risks?

hi i just give birth two months ago to my 2nd baby.. i am previous cesarean... when my first baby turned one i get pregnant right away.. actually a month before her first bday... the doctor remove my red big scars from previous.. now its small but lets see what will happen if it will grow or not.. hopw not

hi i too had a c section and now i have this ugly scar i think it may b a keloid. it hurts now and itches alot i dont know what to do ? i hope it will go away cause it is so irritating......

Hi I had a c-section in 2008 and got a keloid. My stomach scar looks like a mountain range. It itches and they are getting bigger. I got keyloids on my ears after ear piercing over 15 years ago and went through painful injections, 3 surgeries and radiation treatments. My ears look great now ( had keyloid on the front and back of both). I was always scared to have kids for fear of getting a c-section and having to deal with the keloids. It is not nearly as agressive as the ones were on my ears. But if the doctor can clean it up after I have another baby then that sounds great. I will see if I can get those strips to put on it...the cortisone injections are painful, but I will do what I have to do. The itching and the soreness is really frustrating. Good luck to everybody. When I look at my lil girl every morning I know it was worth it, and I want more kids, so I'll have to see how it goes next time.

Hi everyone, I had a c-section about five yrs(2003) ago and I got a keloid scar, my doctor went below my bikini line so I have this big ugly scar right above my "whooh". It made me very self conscious. So, two yrs(2005) later I got some kenolog injections which was painful! The scar got a little smaller but the middle of it was really thick and it didnt flatten all the way back down. Recently (2008) I had to have a procedure done so my doctor tried to revise the scar, she said she put a large amt of steroid injections it. Unfortunately now (2010) my keloid is back to haunt me. This is so devastating, especially being single and ready to start dating. I've been trying this silicone gel pad so hopefully I'll have some luck. If anyone has a better approach please let me know!

well keloids run in my family really bad.. and i also had a c section.. unfortunately over the yrs your keloid will itch and ache and be painful.. getting the steriods injected in the best way to lower the scar and remove the pain. the injections are painful.. but you have to have them every so often for a couple of months to get permenent results so if you only do it once the problem will come back.. im getting ready to have a second c section and i will definitely talk to my dr about the injections cause they want to cut over the same scar and i know from experience that cutting it makes it grow back worse and bigger... so be careful.. its hard to find a dr that really knows all about keloids..

I had a c section in 09.2009 and have gotten 4 injections to treat my keloid by my dermatologist. It actually doesn't hurt since he injects me with a numbing agent mixed with it and I can't feel a thing! So far I've been going every month and I can most def tell the difference! Even the color has faded down and it no longer itches.

I had a keloid on my ear and had it cut off 3 times and it grew back :( my doctor finally referred me to a laser center and i got it cut off with a laser and injected a few times after that and it has stayed away! I am pregnant now and scared of having to get a c section. my laser doctor said if i do have to have a c section to come in and see him 2 weeks after and he will laser it to stop a keloid from forming. I really don't want to have a c section because i am afraid that if i get too much scar tissue it will limit the number of children i can have if i have to get repeat c- sections :(

If you have a keloid i would suggest laser treatment and then injections. But do not get it cut off without a laser cause it will just come back!

I also had a c-section and 2 years later it's still red, thick and raised. I'm now pregnant with my second baby and opted for another c-section to fix the problem. My doctor said they can cut the scar off and restitch, but odds are it will keloid again. I wonder if it was caused my the doctor who performed my first c-section. I'm looking into having a plastic surgeon stitch me up to ensure it will be fixed. I have no idea what the cost of that would run.