I need to hear what calcified paratracheal lymph nodes means for that is what my scan lung test showed yesterday. I just went to see where this bronchitis I had lest weeks came to and this is what X-ray showed-calcified paratracheal lymph nodes especially on the upper part of my left lung. I need to hear if this might be some cancer symptom.

No, this calcified paratracheal lymph nodes are not about cancer, I am also diagnosed with the same condition and I was explained I don't have to worry over this at all for this calcified lymph nodes are actually what is left of some previous disease such as tuberculosis or something like that. In my case this calcified paratracheal lymph nodes are connected to some scars that are left there on my lungs after I had sarcoidosis that have caused me some hard inflammation but also calcified lymph nodes but I was also told this could not cause any further complication and is not the sign of cancer.

I have a calcification of the lymph gland in my left lung,found this out in 1993 when the Dr did a C.T. scan of my lungs. at this same time I started having asthma.Well....................it's now 2008 and my asthma and lungs are worse.Especially the lungs, it hurts to breath, I have pain in my chest where my lungs are and my lungs and bronicial area feel inflamed. I see the Dr in a week,till then I'm miserable and feel really sick.I read recently that if you live in an area of high air pollution it can cause even further damage.

Same here. I had tuberculosis as a kid. I'm 65 now. I get an annual x-ray. There has always been scarring and these mentioned results.