:-( My son (5) has had lymph nodes on neck, under arms, & groin area for about a year now. He recently had a CT scan due to stomach pain and it showed prominent lymph nodes on 1 side of his stomach.
Urinalysis and blood work came back as normal -
Is this common for children to have lymph nodes on stomach?
Could it be something serious?
No fever, no vomiting, however, he does have night sweats.
I was recommended to see a Infectious Disease Specialist.
Could this be cancer?
Valerie

It is known that swollen lymph nodes indicate some infection which could be just wherever in our body. Does your son have some other symptoms? Has he complained about anything unusual happening to him? Or has he behaved in a strange way or something? The swollen lymph nodes are pretty persistant and if he has taken some antibiotics the swelling should have went away, but if the swelling lasts for more than a month, this is a doctor’s case. Have you ever found what is the real reason why the nodes has swollen? Has your son ever developed high temperatures or it continues to be tender and sensitive when he touches them, or has there been some kind of a rash that occurred? What I know is that if the lymph nodes on his neck interfere with the swallowing and breathing, you should immediately run to the doctor.
As the matter of the lymph nodes in your son’s stomach, it could be just some lipomas, this is what I can think of as he hasn’t got any pains or vomiting or any symptoms that could make us think he could have some the lymph nodes swollen in his bowel. Whatever it is, you please have a talk with a doctor.

hi how you found anything else out regarding your son's conditions ? i have been in the hospital for the last few days with the exact same symptoms and they have ran test after test on me and there has benn no actual diagnosis as to exactily what is wrong and they are treating me with high doses of antibiotics and still running more tests trying to deturmine what is wrong with me they have come up with many things it could be like chrones disease and female problems and other stuff like apendicitis but none of them are adding up if you have any answers please help me out thank you

I am just wondering if you ever found out what was wrong with your son? I am a 30 year old female and I just recently had a stomach CT scan done due to stomach pain. My doctor informed me that the CT scan showed several lymph nodes in my stomach and she gave me a referral to gastroenterology. My appointment isn't until next month. I am just trying to get some kind of clue of what I may be dealing with. When I pull it up online the only thing that comes up is stomach cancer. Please help :cry:

I think I have the same thing (whatever it is - same symptoms anyway). I've been avoiding a trip to the doctor for about 2 years now because I didn't think it was serious at first and because I have no insurance and cannot afford it. But those lumps have started getting painful in the last few days and I've felt light-headed at times. I may have to bite the bullet on this one. Let me know if any of you find out what it is.

I have had the same symptoms (swollen lymph nodes in the stomach) for going on a good year now. Although mine was accompanied with serious fatigue and small amounts of blood in the stool. I have seen numerous doctors and have never been diagnosed with anything. They tried to contribute everything to stress although my grandfather had cancer in the stomach which concerns me. My labs have all came back normal other than the CT scan that showed the swollen lymph nodes. I have yet to get an answer. I'm on the verge of giving up although I don't want to have something seriously wrong and not know it because of what happened with my grandfather. My grandfather had esophageal cancer that moved into his stomach - and I have chronic sore throats and stomach problems. Can't imagine why someone would be upset over not finding an answer after a year (sorry a little sarcasm)?? If any of you find out an actual diagnosis maybe I could ask my doctors to check this out a little more. Hopefully you all have better luck with doctors than I have had. I wish they would be more compassionate and actually give me some answers rather than giving me another pill.

~Irritated with doctors~

I'm curious to know what you all have found out. I have had stomach/pelvic pain for almost a year now and doctors have been through test after test trying to figure it out. It's mainly on one side and first appeared to be in the ovaries. I actually had a laparoscopy to find out what the problem was and instead ended up with more scars, serious infections and no answer at all. Blood tests, colonoscopy, xrays, ultrasounds and CTs showed everything they were looking for to be ok. Now the CT shows "prominent lymph nodes" which is a little sketchy as far as a medical description goes. What does that mean? I'm still not quite sure because I haven't talked to the doctor, just got a printout of the results. It sounds like these are causing a lot of the same pain in some of you. I've had the extreme fatigue and occasional nausea, but no other symptoms. What has everyone found out???

i would lke some help if possible all the symptoms that u all have described is like my 13 year old daughter after having stomach problems for over 2 years now hey did a scan and showed she had prominate lymph nodes doctor hasnt told me any thigng sending me back and forth from doctor to doctor they did a blood test which now shows she has a muscle marker problem which i have no idea what that means does any one else know what that means ive tried to look it up on the internet but to no avail i stil have no answer can any one have any sugestions on what to do im still waiting on doctor reply

If anyone has advice on this thread, it would be greatly appreciated. My boyfriend has swollen lymph nodes all over his body. There are several on his back and abdomen that stick out, and one below his rib cage bigger than a mango. It sticks out, is painful, and hurts him all through his back. He has no insurance and we don't know what kind of doctor to see, or what type of treatment could help him. His annual physical doctor always just said - its a lymph node, don't worry about it - but it gets bigger every year, and is causing him pain.

Why is this happening?

My sister-in-law has all the same symptoms as you guys and her first few doctors told her nothing. She ended up in the emergency room again and finally said that her lymph nodes in the upper part of her body were all infected and they gave her antibiotics. If the swelling doesn't go down in 3 to 5 days they will start more tests. One possible explanation from these is cancer but her blood counts are all fine just like the previous posts. Lipoma's is one explanation like the lady above said, mononucleosis also affects the lymphatic system and could cause inflammed lymph nodes....If anyone finds anything out let me know.

I was seeking info on swollen lymph nodes because my sister has been diagnosed with them. She has been ill since november 2008, little energy, back pains and loss of appetite. They told her she had ulcers, and other things. She thinks hers resulted from removal of lymph nodes under her arm in her youth. She has to take 8 Chemo treatments over the next 6 months in hopes to shrink the nodes. I pray for all who have similar symptons. God Bless!

:-( I want to know what u guys have found out bcoz my nephew who is 3- years old now has same problem and doctor gave him some antibiotics.. but even after the treatment he complains about stomach pain.. we are really worried and this stupid doctor doesn't say anything that convinces us :-( when i searched the internet i was really shocked o.O please please anyone of you reply and give us proper information %-)

:( Hey what is that you guys found out at the end :? none of you have come back to this site and said what happened later. am really curious to know because my 3 year old nephew has the same problem :cry: and the doctors do not tell us what is it exactly :o they gave him some medicine and even after that he complains about stomach pain and the doctor dosn't say thing properly which convinces us. we are all so worried about him :( and if i give internet search on it to know about it more it shows pages of stomach cancer pleas please whoever have found a solution do reply on this site and give us a moral support.

Hey what is that you guys found out at the end none of you have come back to this site and said what happened later. am really curious to know because my 3 year old nephew has the same problem and the doctors do not tell us what is it exactly they gave him some medicine and even after that he complains about stomach pain and the doctor dosn't say thing properly which convinces us. we are all so worried about him and if i give internet search on it to know about it more it shows pages of stomach cancer pleas please whoever have found a solution do reply on this site and give us a moral support.

I've been sick for about 4 months now with nausea, fatigue, weight loss, back pain, and discomfort.  I have lumps in my neck that are swollen and lumps under my arms swollen.  During a recent CT scan they discovered I not only have an ulcer, now my lumps in my stomach are swollen.  They are sending me to a gastro doctor, and a urinary doctor.  I wish I knew what it was I feel terrible!!!