Hi! Please, help me! I desperately need some information. I went to my doctor and after some research he told me that my lymph nodes contain granulomas. I don’t know what that means? Can somebody explain to me? Only I know is that it can be something dangerous. I’m terrified.

A granuloma is a small area of nodular inflammation in the body. Granulomas can be caused by a variety of chemical, biologic and physical irritants of tissue. The biggest problem is that granulomas typically cause no signs or symptoms and they can bee seen only on X-ray. Don’t worry, granulomas are benign.

Granulomas are inflamed tissue caused by some kind of injury. Most likely these injuries are infections that attack your body. Your lymph nodes tend to react to these inflammations and there for you have your granulomas in the lymph nodes. However the most often part of body where granulomas appear are lungs, but they can appear in other parts as well. Has your doctor told you a way to correct this abnormality in your body? You have to understand that this is not serious condition and that most granulomas do not require any kind of treatment and they usually tend to go away after several days if the infection in body is not presented for longer period of time.

Hiya, hope you're okay. Did you ever find out what you had?

Hi my husband has been told today that he has possible Granuloma (egboc) of the  lymph nodes . Further cytology tests will reveal the exact type of granuloma . 

I am wondering if this could be life threatening ?