I have 2, what I think, are lymph nodes that are swollen on the right side of my neck. The 1st one has been there for approximately 8 months and is located on the right side of my neck 3/4 down from my head and is circular and pea-sized and shape attached to tissue it seems. The 2nd one is football-shaped (about 1-cm) and just noticed it about a week ago, and what I researched to be the supraclavicular node area about an inch above my clavicle. Both are painless, except when moved around too much. They both seems to be attached to tissue. I have a lot of cancer history in my family, mother died at 42 of cancer. She started with Hodgkin's. Then, lung and breast. Other family member, aunt with breast and brain cancer, and grandfather with lung cancer. I am a smoker of 15 years about 3/4 pack a day and am worried. Need some advice.

My advice is for you to go to your family doctor and make arrangements for a sonogram of your neck. Last December (2008), I found a lump in the side of my neck. It is visible, too. My doctor's office performed a sonogram, told me it was "just swollen lymph nodes" and sent me home with antibiotics. Nine months later, the lump remained and then I felt two. A recent sonogram showed three. I have swelling on both sides of my face and in the collarbone on the same size of the lumps. I am scheduled for surgery/nodule removal/biopsy on 10/23/09.

so i have the same thing what were your rsults?