MY SON JUST HAD AN ULTRASOUND THAT SHOWED HE HAD SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES ON HIS BOWEL WALL. HAVE ANY OF YOU HEARD OF THIS AND WHAT CAUSES THIS TO HAPPEN?

Nopes....no clue.I just got that same diagnosis and they gave me some pretty powerful antiobiotics...I had a CT scan that showed swollen lymph nodes on my bowel. The PA said it's either an bacterial infection or cancer. At this point I am taking 2 strong antiobiotics ( metronidazole and ciprofloxacin) with a follow up CT scan in 6 weeks. The PA said if the nodes didnt go down it's probably not an infection but cancer. My symptoms are bloody dirreaha(however you spell it) for a few days then no bowel movement for 2 or 3 days. I have no pain really.

Hi there,
How old is your son? I am asking this because all I could found online is that this is connected with the bowel cancer. This is very serious condition and your son might need a surgery. I don’t understand if he is still young how he could get the cancer. Lymph nodes tend to get swollen when your body is under an attack, in this case cancer. But this could also mean that he has some other viral or bacterial infection in his bowels. You have to talk to his doctor to give you more details about his current condition. Is doctor sure that these are lymph nodes, because sometimes it could just be ulcers in the bowels.

Yes my grandson have them on his bowel wall on the outside of his big intestine did they do blood test. my grand son is diagnosed with Rosio Dorfman disease