In December of 2004 my Mom was diagnosed with endometrial cancer, she is 54 white female nonsmoker not over weight. She had a complete hysterectomy and 18 lymph nodes removed to be sampled. It was determined that her cancer was Stage IA, there were no signs of lymph node involvement and she would need no further treatment. Last spring she began noticing some slight pain in her left hip and lower back that she attributed to a couple times she had slipped and over stretched. After our dog (a boxer) jumped into her right side causing her to shift the pain became much more intense and eventualy subsided. Over the summer she had all kinds of tests, x rays, bone scans, blood work and everything came back normal. Physical therapy helped the problem some but never completely got rid of it. A cortisone shot in September resulted in a fever and intense pain for about a day or 2. In September a catscan showed she had some swollen lymph nodes on the left and right illiac chains. She had a biopsy and the individual performing the biopsy told my mother that he was going to be taking it from a few different spots, the biopsy came back negative. The oncologist worried that the biopsy could have missed, and the the catscan was repeated 6 weeks later, and came back stable to the first one. The catscan was repeated 3 months later and this time it came that a lymph node on the left external illiac chain had enlarged to 5.5 x 3.2 from 3.8 x 2.3 in November and another biopsy is now scheduled. Of her other 2 lymph nodes that were intially swollen, one of the left size has decreased slightly in size and the other has increased slightly. The oncologist is concerned that the lymph node pressing on a nerve causing the pain. However, she has had this pain since May of 2007 and says that it is the same kind of pain she has been experiencing all year. She is still having pain, while not extreme or unbearable it is enough to be an annoyance in her daily life and limit her activities. When she complains that the pain is worse it seems o be the result of a specific event i.e., tripping, walking in nyc, etc. A back doctor seemed to think that it is from arthritis. Could the behavior of this lymph node and the pain be caused by anything other than a cancer returning? She has no other symptoms such as persistent fever, weightloss or itching, she is tired but has always complained of being tired.

Hi, I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer stage 1 B, & also had a total hysterectomy , they found no cancer in my pelvis lymph node back then , I did 4 chemo and 4 radiation , less than a year after that , my dr ordered a CTSCAN just for my baseline to have compare results in the future , now they found that one para aortic lymph node is enlarged , I am just asking like your mother, Is it possible that this  nodes is not related to cancer ?