Hi. My daughter complains of these symptoms:

Burning pain in the abdomen behind the breastbone. The pain often occurs between meals and in the early hours of the morning. It may last from a few minutes to a few hours
Belching
Nausea
Fatigue
Heartburn
Chest pain
Loss of appetite

I'm very worried about her. She's only ten years old, and I want to know what's wrong. Is it normal for young children to get ulcers? And IS this an ulcer?

Both a gastric ulcer and a duodenal ulcer can occur in children but are not as often. Most commonly, ulcers are caused by H. pylori bacterium that is contracted in childhood but rarely shows any symptoms until adulthood. Other causes are frequent use of non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs. Children who had burns and are under a lot of stress or children who had septic infections are susceptive of ulcers but healthy children are usually not affected.

The symptoms you mentioned could be signs of ulcers but it could also be signs of many other diseases and disorders. She should be evaluated, had a blood test done or maybe sent to a pediatric gastroenterologist for further testing.

Hi I am thirteen years old and was eight years old when I started having pains. It turns out that I have an ulcer. I found that out when I was thirteen and I've had these pains for a very long time. I have different pains than that girl but I would check with a specialist about these symtoms. You should have her have an upper G.I. like I had and it will help her find out this problem. I have many ulcers in my esahpagus and I have pains, but different than her. Take her pain away befor it gets worse! Take her to a good aggresive specialist, like my docter, and please help her. :-) :'( to :-) :-D