I have been suffering from burning pain in my abdomen for two months now. Every morning when I wake up I have that acid taste in my mouth and throat, sometimes it lasts only few minutes but sometimes for an hour. I have endoscopy scheduled for next week. My doctor is not sure if it is gastric or duodenal ulcer. I am a smoker and I drink coffee a lot. I don’t know if that is a cause or stress that accumulated for past three years, but I became very anxious and nervous. I want to know what are possible treatments for ulcers both for stomach and duodenal. I would appreciate any help.

I guess that any specific treatment will be determined by your physician, depending on your age, health…etc. My mom suffered from duodenal ulcer and she was on the diet for a long time; even now she can not eat everything she wants. She also used medication at the beginning of the treatment. You’ll see whether you suffer from stomach or duodenal ulcer, they will prescribe you some therapy but the most important thing is to change your life style and especially food habits, to quit smoking, avoid spicy, fatty or acidic food.