I had problems with my stomach, which started about a year ago. When I realized there is really something wrong, I went to the doctor. He told me I have ulcer, so I started to take pills for this condition. Anyway, thought I am taking medications more then two months, I cannot see I feel better. Does anyone know if this pain will ever go away?

I had the same problem as you do. After a while, living with pain I saw there is just something wrong with me. Off course, my doctor diagnosed me with ulcer. He said that my ulcers are not caused by bacteria and there is no cancer present. I started with therapy about few weeks ago, and I use 30 mg of Prevacid. For now I cannot see it works, and when I went to my doctor he told me I have to wait. He said that ulcers would never go away; they could be just healed over. That frightened me, because again I get low back pain, burning in the stomach, headaches, and I feel sick to my stomach. I have been avoiding acid producing foods and staying away from soda, but it seems that is not enough. I wonder if that may become even worse with this medicine. That is why I asked my doctor if they could do surgery to remove the ulcers. I realized the only way they will perform this surgery is if my ulcers were bleeding. Therefore, we have the same solution, wait and see if ulcers will heal over soon.

:'( I don't think the pain will ever go away. This is my second pregnancy with this pain. I have taken prevacid. And after being diagnosed they give you perlosec. No such luck 6 years later.....

due to heavy drinking, i've had ulcer too... doctor told me to stop taking coffee, spicy foods, alcohol and cigarettes.. and i've been prescribed with aciphex

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

maybe you could try those, ask your doctor first of course.. what medicine did he prescribe to you?

I was diagnosed in the fourth grade with a stomach ulcer.... i'm now a 22 year old adult and still to this day i have symptoms of my ulcer. sure, it goes away for awhile but hten it comes back for long stretches of time.

yes 100% do yoga and Indian deshi medicins