Hi. Just recently I have found out terrible news-my 12 year old son is suffering from duodenal ulcer.
Could you believe this? One 12 years old to get an ulcer? I believed that this is only adults disease but I uses I was wrong.
First symptoms that made me to suspect were burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach area that lasted between 30 minutes and 3 hours that started after a meal. Then occurred appetite and weight loss and that made me to take him to gastrologist. All this made him very depressed because he spent last month a lot of time in his room because of some gastrological infection he got on some vacation with his friends and now this! What could cause this ulcer to show?

Stomach ulcers are not an "adult disease". Children can also develop stomach ulcers.
Well, you already probably know what are the ulcer’s most common risk factors – alcohol, emotional stress, cigarette smoking and one bacteria called helicobacter pylori.
I think that none of these affected you son because he’s too young for it. You have mentioned that your son has some stomach infection earlier, well; I believe this could be the key information- any medication containing ibuprofen or aspirin could be cause of ulcer.
Your son has probably got appropriate therapy but you should know that you must follow the instructions that the doctor has given you even if the symptoms have disappeared.

hey im 14 and have gastric ulcers induced by stress. i went to the doctors when i was much younger and they just brushed me off because i was 'too young'. if your son has depression, anxiety or OCD, these trigger problems like ulcers. hope it helped a little :-) (also ulcers can be hereditary)