I would like to know something now my calendar shows that my period came on April 22nd and it went off on April 25th in which I'm irregular so I don't get my period every month so yes me and my bf had unprotected sex on the 22nd 24th and 25th and he came in side of me but my calendar says that I am very fertility stared on the 26 and end on the 30th but its saying that I'm ovulated on yesterday but the thing is I was cramping and paining on my left side on the 27th so I had unprotected sex on the 27th and my bf cum in side of me is it possible that I am pregnant??? Can someone please help me figure this out

Hi Shorty,

In general, you are UNLIKELY to conceive while on your period.

How long is your cycle?  How far apart are your periods, approximately?

Most women have about a 28 day cycle.  Day 1 is when the period starts.  They normally will ovulate sometime between days 11 and 16.  You'd likely "peak" between May 3rd to the 8th.  The fertile window would be between April 28 and May 10th - but it ALL depends upon EXACTLY when you ovulate.

Sperm is viable for up to about 5 days.  The egg, two days after ovulation.

It's too early to test now.  You need to wait at least two weeks or until you'd expect your period. 

Hope it helps.

hi.. i dont get my period every month so its hard to tell when im ouvlating.. and plus i usually have my periods for five days but tjis time it was only for four days but one day was heavier than the others.. my periods or in the range of 21-32 days i do believe that i ouvlated on the 27th cause i had some cramping and pain on my left side but after i had intercourse it stopped my period started on April 22-25 i had intercourse on the 22,24, 25 && on the 27th.. and ive done some reserch and i read that women can get pregnant on the last day of their period and they also can ouvlate early..

I understand that it is difficult to tell when you are ovulating, especially if you are irregular. Without knowing exactly when you do ovulate we can only guess as to if you can get pregnant. You can monitor your cervical mucous, use body basal temp charting, or ovulating test kits to determine when you do ovulate.

In general, with a 5 day period, it would be unlikely for you to get pregnant having sex during your period - again "IN GENERAL." I'm not saying it can't happen. Sperm can survive up to about 5 days so there is a chance.

With your irregular periods you might consider using a daily birth control pill. A common side effect of using them is that you tend to become more "regular."

Good luck.