I am told that sperm can live for a few days after ejaculated into the vagina and that fertilization can occur a day or even a couple of days after sex. For instance, a couple can have sex two days before ovulation but conception would happen when ovulation take place with live sperm from two days ago. Can someon explain this to me?

Certainly!!

Okay, for starters, when we ovulate the egg will live in our body for about 48 hours.(2 days) If during this time an egg is not fertilized, then it will breakdown and die off...

Sperm can live in a woman for about 3-5 days, although some conservatives reports say up to one week.

Lets say you have a PERFECT 28 day cycle, and you ovulate on day 14..If you had sex on day 11, the sperm could stay alive long enough to fertililze the egg. This is why using rhythm method, and other "natural" methods can fail, because some women do not exactly know when they ovulate, and sperm can live for awhile.

okay so i'm trying to get pregnant, i had my period on the 6th of February and my boyfriend & i had sex on the 9th, he came in me two different times that day...then we had sex on the 11th and he came in me then too. Is it possible that i could be pregnant?

ok so I usualy come on my period the first week of the month.So i believe i came on my period on either the 4th 5th or 6th.....I had sex on the 17th,and he came inside of me 3 times..we did it on the 18th and he came inside of me i believe 2 times..and then the 22nd and he came inside of me 2wce and then the 25th and he came nside of me once...But the next day(the 25th) I came on my period but it only lasted 2-3 days(which is not normal for me).....So really i was supposed to come on my period the first week in march but i didnt becuz of the irregular period i am guessing...do you think that i am pregnant?...and if so what are the chances that you think i am?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That all depends on the length of your cycle which would be from the first day of one period to the first day of your nxt one this can be between 28 and 37 days. If you ar unsure its best to wait till your period is due and take a test for proper result or even visit your GP.

I HAD SEX ON THE 30TH OF SEPT. AND THE 4TH AND 8TH OF OCT. WE DIDNT USE A CONDOM MY PERIOD COMES ON THE 10TH BUT IT CAME A DAY LATE AND HE CAME IN ME ATLEAST TWICE. I DONT KNOW HOW LONG MY PERIOD IS GOING TO LAST BECAUSE I DONT KNOW IF IM PREGNANT OR WHAT?? BUT WHEN IT IS OVER COULD I GET PREGNANT FROM THE SPERM IF IM HAVING A NORMAL PERIOD WHICH LAST ATLEAST 5DAYS??

if i had sex on a wednesday and ovulated on a monday, could i be pregnant today is tuesday so i dont know if a pg test would show anything yet. just got off my period the wednesday that we had sex

If you want a child, have sex. If you don't, don't have sex. BUT if you don't want to have a child and still want to have sex, then get on birth control AND use condoms with spermicide in/on it. And if you want to know if you are pregnant, go to your local pharmacy and BUY a pregnancy test or go to your doctor. Both of those are safe options but pregnancy tests aren't 100% foolproof.

if i had sexy the 2nd of august but my boyfriend did not ejaculated can i be pregnant. my first day of my last period was on 7/23/09

if i had sex on the 19th and my period ended on the 18th and started on the 14th but my period varies every month.sometimes its in the middle.or te beginning or the end..is it possible that i can be or get pregnant ?

"if i had sexy the 2nd of august but my boyfriend did not ejaculated can i be pregnant. my first day of my last period was on 7/23/09"

It is possible to become pregnant from pre-cum, or "pre-ejaculation". Always remember that. Take a test after about two weeks, if your period does not arrive, and even if it's negative, don't always be convinced until you get your period, or get tested at the doctor's. Good luck!

Can u get prego 2 days before ovulating?

Yes you can. You are fertile 2 days before and 2 days after the day of ovulation. Also sperm can live in a woman for a few days.

I have a pretty normal cycle. I menstruate about 31-33 days on cycle; and ovulate about 12-14 days after the first day of my period. I got my 2nd to last period on October 25th, and then didn't have another period until December 3rd. I actually thought I might have been pregnant before my period came on December 3rd... Anyway, my husband and I had unprotected sex on December 9th, and, as far as I can tell, I began ovulating on December 15th. Is there a possibility that we were within that early window? My husband had to leave on the 10th for work, so we were hoping we might be able to beat the ovulation clock, since he won't be home until after I'm likely done ovulating for this month. Any chance we might get lucky this month? I guess I'm just not 100% sure how long sperm can live pre-ovulation in a situation like mine. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

7 days is the longest time I've read sperm could live inside you, that's given ideal conditions, of course. The the last post, you would definitely need to let us know if you are preggers, that's about 5 days the sperm living inside of you, if you turn out pregnant. I hope you get what you most want. We have similar timelines, I have a 31-32 day cycle, I had sex the evening of Saturday, Dec 12th and I began ovulating Tuesday Dec 14th, 11pm, I know with certainty since I get the whole ovulation side pain (not plesant). I didn't have the excessive egg white mucus I usually get. If I am pregnant that means that the sperm lived inside of me for approximately 75 hours, that's equivalent to 3 days, 3hrs (plus or minus a few hours). I really thought I was pregnant last month since I had symptoms I've never experience before, nasuea, light-headedness, cramping but I started my period as expected on 30th Nov. I'm not TTC but if it happens, oh well. I don't have any symptoms of anything other than some increased cervical mucus but I've dismissed that since it happened last month too. I'm supposed to start my period no later than Thur Dec 30th, we shall see. In any event, lots of baby dust to everyone!! :-)