So my husband is trying to get me pregnant without my consent (well not exactly, it´s something like that but I secretly do want a baby so It´s no big deal that he is doing it and  we even joke about it).

The thing is we had unprotetcted sex last night and my period is due today. Is it possible to get pregnant one day before the period and...how soon can I get tested?? I´ve heard you can get a test the day your period is due but in this case I guess is just too soon. How long should I wait and also...could I get my period as it was due today but still be pregnant?.

If your periods are fairly regular, than chances that you get pregnant from having unprotected sex day before your period is supposed to come almost don't exist at all. That is because you can only get pregnant when you ovulate and ovulation (release of the fertile egg) happens roughly in the middle between your two cycles - and it lasts only for about two days at that time. If your periods are not so regular, than there is some chance that your ovulation was "moved", too. But, in any case, home pregnancy tests become reliable at least two weeks after the unprotected sex (or, as you said, when your period is late, but that counts if the unprotected sex was roughly at the time of ovulation).

Hello, im new to this place, and well something like this happened to me :s we are practically in the same boat, my fiance had sex last night, cammed inside me because well i felt it, All of it. he had never done it before, although yeah we have had unprotected sex. I got my period last month on the 23 or 24, and this month like about 2-3 weeks ago we had sex but he didnt c** inside me or near my v**** and the day after i bled, but for only that day, maybe it was just because he hurt me idk, well anyways this month i havent had my period, and well its not regular sometimes it is sometimes it just comes whenever it wants. I like u was wondering, what could be the chances of me being pregnant, and when could be a good time to test? someone help usss plz, &thanks :)

My period came today absolutely normal and my cycles are very regular but I guess I have to wait at least another 28 days to know for sure. Fanny: Since your periods are not so regular you should probably take a test in a few weeks just to be on the safe side.

@cutecatterpillar - you can do the the test two weeks after the sex, but if your periods are regular, than chances are that you weren't ovulating at the time you had unprotected sex.
@ fannyy - the same "15 days after unprotected sex" before you can take the pregnancy test and expect it to be reliable goes for you, even more so, because your periods are irregular, so you can't rely rely on that "one day after the period is late rule". You can test now for that sex after which you bleed, but obviously - bigger chances of you getting pregnant are from the completely unprotected sex.

geez thanks guy %-) so i should wait a couple of weeks until i test, it really sucks that my periods are irregular, :/ so there is still a slight chance i could be pregnant, even if i was about to get my period?

It's not like I'm writing the rules on how you body works... guy :-|
It takes 15 days for pregnancy hormone levels to rise enough so the test can detect them and exactly because your periods were irregular there also was a chance that your ovulation was moved closer to your period. Period still nor coming?

i knoww sorry *guys my bad, im just a lil too nervous&stuff :s  and noo, period is not here yet, :/ but fiance is really stressing me out, pressuring me to test, and already assuming theres a baby, he even told his mom and now they're both in my case> :(

Well, mine came as expected onteh day it was suposed to...Looks like I have a clock down there or something LOL. I guess there´s no way I can be pregnant but who knows, nature is funny sometimes.

In your case I think the best thing you can do is not stress over it, just don´t think about it and mark your calendar to take the test but don´t think too much and don´t let people pressure you. Tell your fiance to relax and let you do the same and that you will test later.

I know, I know, I was just trying to take bit of a pressure off and now that I read all this - definitely you need that! cutecaterpillar is right, stressing over all this and going around with announcements is just going to make your hormones go wild. You two need to talk this through, explain that there is nothing certain yet and I'm sure he too doesn't want his family to build hopes up when chances are it might be that you are not pregnant. You two first need to talk this through and be on the same side.