Hi! I think I have a big problem. I noticed that I became allergic to my dog. I’m desperate. I adore him. I don’t know what to do. My nose is running for weeks and my eyes are red now. Is there a way I could keep my dog if I’m allergic to him?

First you should test yourself to see are you really allergic to dogs. You should bath him at least once a month in plain water. Try to keep him out of your bedroom. Every time you touch him, go to wash your hands. Also you can buy anti-allergen filters and special air filtering systems. It can help.

Hello there cesare1478,

Well like the poster above me has already mentioned, you need to see your doctor first and tell him about your suspicions. Then he will most likely direct you to the allergist. He will perform allergy test and in a few days you will have results of the test.

If you are allergic to dogs you will have to make life style changes, especially if you want to keep him. You can consult your doctor about allergy injections, because these can be quite helpful and they are harmless. And besides this you will have to take care of your living space. Your bedroom must be forbidden place for your dog because allergy tends to get worse by night.