Hello, folks. It seems that I have been experiencing cat dander allergy. I must admit that I feel really bad about this. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me something more about this. What would be the best treatment for this? I would appreciate all your replies. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Cat dander allergy is not so uncommon. I think the first step in the treatment is to stop the exposure. In another words, you should get rid of your cat. Immunotherapy is another thing. It means you should get animal allergy desensitizing injection. Symptomatic therapy is another possibility. You can take antihistamines. If you have skin changes, you can take steroidal ointments, but you should be careful with this. In any case, you should ask for a doctor’s opinion. Good luck!

Hello there shaine356,

My sister is allergic to cats and she still want to have one. When she sees a cat she can’t stand not to touch her and play with her although her nose starts to run almost immediately. As the poster above me said first thing you must do is to either get rid of your cat or to make some significant changes in your life. you can consult your doctor about allergy injections if you don’t want to get rid of your cat. These are quite helpful and totally safe.

Also, you will need to forbid your cat to enters the room where you sleep, and you must wash your hands every time after you touch the cat.