I have to say that I never thought I will be interested in making myself look more beautiful, or younger. But it looks like the age is something that will get to us all, sooner or later. So I am thinking about botox, since it does not require an operation for an effect to be shown but I am concerned because of the rumors I have heard. Can botox spread to areas distant from the site of injection?

Unfortunately, that can happen. Sometimes, although those are rare cases, botox can spread outside of the area it is supposed to stay in and that can cause some problems. Especially if the unwanted area is respiratory system, that could lead to some serious complications. Perhaps there is some other way for you to become satisfied with your looks, other than botox I mean.

Like you said, age catches up with us all sooner or later. Nothing you can do about that. You can only delay it with Botox and other treatments. 

The question is, do the benefits outweigh the risks? Generally speaking, the answer is yes, for those who are desperate to look younger. Botox treatment does indeed have possible side effects though, and among them is that Botox will spread to areas far from the sites of injection. This can lead to muscle weakness and droopy eyelids, among many other symptoms. Now, it's quite unlikely this would happen to you, but you never know...