I had Botox 2 weeks ago. On a third day after it, my right eyelid drooped badly and fully closed the eye. All swelling is gone now, but my eye is still closed. I have got lots of staff to do. My family is in distress. I am depressed because I cannot go outside, I stay at home all the time, mostly in bed because there aren't many things I could with one eye. The doctor who injected me was rude and expressed no interest to resolve the problem. I am calling every practice in the country and asking what to do, so far the only answer is to wait god knows how long. DO NOT DO BOTOX. IT IS NOT SAFE. THE INDUSTRY IS NOT REGULATED. WHO CAN HELP ME?

You say you are calling every practice in the country, what kind of practice? Hopefully not another botox practicioner. See your regular doctor.

Sometimes it can take time, 6 weeks is not uncommon, lasting up to 3-4 months, for the effects to diminish. It is unfortunate that you were not told of this, and other side effects, prior to the injection.

Good luck.

Yikes! I am sorry that happened to you. You read about these cases, and ptosis (drooping eyelids) is quite common after Botox, along with other side effects such as tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and even deafness happens sometimes. Nonetheless, this is not ever something you think will happen to YOU when you go for Botox. You just think you will look younger! Whenever these stories pop up though, it should cause everyone else to ask: Is Botox safe

May I ask if the doctor you went to is qualified to give Botox? Are they board certified and all that? If not, you may even have a cause to sue them. Seek legal advice if the situation doesn't resolve!