CAN A URINARY TRACT INFECTION CAUSE DELAY IN THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE? I HAVE A UTI AND HAVE BEEN TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, I HAD A VERY SHARP PELVIC PAIN, AND MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE IS DELAYED FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS. PLEASE HELP ME OUT :'(

Hi there. I have personally never heard of a UTI causing a delay in periods. Are you sexually active? Do you use protection? If there is a possiblity of pregnancy, I would take a test to make sure. Your best bet is to call your doctor, though. good luck.

Jeannine

Hi i have recently aquired a Bladder Infection, and am on antibiotics called Macrobid (Nitrofurantoin) My period is always very regular and i was supposed to get it the minute i woke up this morning. Im only 18 yrs old and extremely scared of the idea of pregnancy, and i'd like to hope that this antibiotic may be the cause to the slight delay...

i am having this problem right now like you, having my period delay and i took antibiotics because i had urinary track infection (not that severe it only last for 3 days).. but im not so sure if the antibiotics that i took was the cause of my period to be delay..