I think i have a severe bladder infection. I feel the need to go every couple minutes (Actually more) but I never actually HAVE to go. My period is two days late. Could the bladder infection delay my period??

It could delay your period if it is causing you stress (and I am assuming that it would). Drink lots of water/cranberry juice, and get to the doctor as soon as you can

The bladder infection did not start until today. My period is two days late so it isn't from stress. Besides, the bi is not stressing me out...it is TICKING me off ;-) XD

Oh ya, and I am downing cranberry juice hoping that the infection will go away. I have had them before and they have gone away on their own....hoping that happens again.

hi doc i am an 18 years old girl and this time my periods got delayed by 6 days. i didnt had sex even with my bf but he touched his pennis to my vagina but there was no liquid as he masturbated before that. please tell mw can it be a possible that i am pregnant

i had that and i got rushed to hospital and i havent been on my period since feb eeeeek am reallllllly worrried

Yes it can delay it. I've had 3 Bladder infections this year. But only the 1st one i had delayed my period for about a week or so.. & when i did get it, it was very very light

ive been having lots of problems lately.. "down there". last few months im pretty sure i had a uti, it stopped after a while, then i started getting tail bone pain, this last month ive had a bladder infection, caused me to pee very often and everytime i went to the bathroom its like it wanted more to come out but there was nothing left! i even had to wake up several times during the night. this last week i started to get more back pain but the bladder incection has passed i think since im not feeling the symptoms... ive been hoping it didnt move to the kidneys. anyways, today is the 31st day of my cycle and my period hasnt showed.. day before yesterday i got like a lil teaser of red but then it went away after an hour or so. last night i got a bit more red and its continued to this morning but im not sure if its my period, its not like the usual one. can this last bladder infection be playing around with my cycle? ive had all my other periods on time, every 26 days. i want to go see a doctor about all this stuff but i wanted to go after my period, so i know theres no chance i could be pregnant..
the last comment was helpful but does anyone else have an idea?

i contracted a bladder infection last week and am currently on antibiotic for it... three weeks before i developed symptoms i had a really light period that was only 4 days long and it is usually 4 days then off one day then light bleeding the next two days. i think i just started my period again but it was 3 days late and today i had a blood clot about the size of a fifty cent piece then not long after i had another about 3 inches long and as thick as a straw... lately ive also had tender breasts and i know thats a sign of pregnancy but i took a really cheap test that came up negative so i figured i was in the clear... anybody know what might be going on? if i had a miscarriage or if these are all just side effects of having a bladder infection?

You should definately have this checked out by your doctor. In part because of the duration of time the symptoms have been going on, and because of the size of that blood clot. I suspect it is in relation to the bladder infection (those can be nasty) but you should have it checked out for sure. If there is an infection that is continuing and not subsiding, the doctor may need to put you on a stronger dosage of medication to rid the infection.

I am 14 years old and i just started having my bladder infection today. I haven't been to a doctor yet because I know what it is. I hae had them when i was younger and they went away basically on their own. This time it's different. I have went to the bathrooom 3 in the past 20 minutes. My stomache is sore around the bladder area, and also the vaginal area is very very sore when i pee. I got on my period 2 days ago and ever since yesterday There has been very little blood. I would like to know if it's possible to have a bladder infection and it cause someones period to weaken, or to cause very little blood during a period.

im am 16 goin to be 17 n i know that i am goin through a Bladder Infection at this moment. i also had one last month but i never had my period last month, ppl n even my doc said it can delay my period cycle. But can it delay it for a month? i have no idea if i am pregnant or not. but i wouldnt think so. all i really want to know is can a Bladder Infection really delay your period for that long?

I'm pretty sure I have a bladder infection, but I'm confusing it with possible pregnancy or something like clymidia (I don't know a lot about this, though. I'm just putting it out there). I had been to the doctor about 2 months ago and I was taking antibiotics for about three weeks.
Throughout taking the medication, though, I stopped taking the pills a few times because they were making me feel sick. So I think the medicine didn't work and the bladder infection hasn't gone away since. I don't have to use the bathroom every two seconds, but I've noticed I'm going more. I also feel light pain in my pelvic area sometimes and my urine has a very strong odor, especially in the morning. Sometimes my stomach feels a little upset too.

I was having unprotected sex (he'd always pull out) up until about two weeks ago, and I'm confused about my period. I had a super light period (I usually have them so bad that I throw up) and it was brown. I think this is called discharge? This was about mid Dec. and I had a second light period in early Jan. and I haven't had a period since them (my periods are usually every month, give or take a week and a half...I know, they're pretty irregular). I took a cheap pregnancy test twice (within two weeks) and they were both negative, so I'm most likely not. But I basically hate going to my doctor and I'd like to be able to figure this out myself first. Any thoughts?

Im thinking i may have a bladder infection now. I was due for my period on the 5th of march but all i got was i super light bleed on the wk before then a a few days after i was due i got another super light bleed on and off for 3 days but hardly maked the pads. then i got a pregnecy test both blood and urine and negitive and now im due again but still nothing 2 days late so far. I have PCOS but have been on clomphene for the last 12 months and had very regular periods since march last yr. I did another pregnacy test this morning but still negitive. The first month i missed i had tender breasts and felt sick and i've have shocking lower back pain since prob end feb. So im confused could i be pregga's. My last bladder infection i was last by 2 weeks and feeling seick with all preg symtoms but i wasn't, but when i got my period it wouldn,t stop so i have to take tablets to stop it and then it was regular till last month.

i have had a UTI for a while now. I went to the doctor and they gave me some pills, i took them but then i stopped before i finished the bottle and i believe that the UTI never went away. i have not had a period for 2 months now, and i was sexually active three months ago, but there was no fluid, so i dont think im pregnant. However i am concerned about missing my period twice in a row. i have been somewhat stressed out, but not enough for my monthly to go away, as that has happened before. Any advice? I believe that i still have the UTI (August 8th, 2010), and i got it in June 2010.