Hello!
I am 24 and have regular and on time menstrual cycles. Except this month… in the middle of cycle I begun bleeding with no warning signs before (like breast tenderness), I was bleeding 3 days (very excessive, as I usually do the first day of my period) and then suddenly stopped. This never happened to me before. What should I do?

Hey there,
If you are really worried, you should go to gynecologist, because only gynecologists opinion will give you some peace of mind. Otherwise mention it the next time you go there.
What happened to you is certainly not normal. Maybe is this just a “play” of hormones, this happens with women your age. Maybe it is something more severe, like polyps on ovaries or tumors. This is nothing alarming, but if it is this a case, then should this also be treated!
Whenever there is a deviation from what is normal (and bleeding in the middle of cycle is not), then must be a cause for this. Woman’s sexual organs are hidden inside and you cannot really tell what is happening and if everything is all right. I really think you should visit your gynecologist and mention that and get an ultrasound.

I've had the exact same exerience this week. Every month, I usually have a normal to light period (27-28 day cycle). But today, I got my period on day 19! Heavy, too! Not sure what to make of it, but I will try to check with my OB/GYN. Anyone else know of any possible causes?
-s

i dont hav my period this month since i expect tohav it on 22 of november but at i hav a brown discharge for 2 days 26 and 27 of november and stop. i had a pregtest today december 8 and found negative do i still risk of pregnancy?

I have had the same probelm for years. My doctor told me that some women bleed when they ovulate. You'll probably notice the bleeding between day 15 and day 18 of your cycle (when most women ovulate). Apparently it's pretty normal, but it is still surprising and annoying when it happens. Still, it's always best to check with your doctor to get information specific to your own circumstances. Hope this helps.

Yes, the same thing also happened to me. i think it's because of hormonal play. My doctor said maybe it's because of stress

I am 25 years old and for the first time in my life have had a weird thing. I have my period every month the same time. Used to be the 15th of every month then I had my son July 9th 2006 and my periods switched to the the 4-6 of every single month now 2 days ago I have had a VERY light color change like a little brownish and I did not think anything of it untill today it has become a little more and looks pinkish to red at times. I have no idea what the deal is but I would much rather ask here than have that pelvic exam because those things hurt.

Im 17 years old and for the first time about two days ago, i started bleeding very lightly & now its getting a little heavier, but its not my period. I usually get it around the 5th or 6th. Today, i started getting stomach pains (not cramps) they were sharp pains & im a little nauseus. Is that ovulating ? I read on here that it could be cancer & im really scared. My mom said its nothing to be alarmed about but also it doesnt happen to any of my friends or family. Can someone please help me a little ?

I am having the same problem too. I am 11. I started my period and it has been going on for 5 months, every month. (As in the regular cycle.) But now, I haven't had my period for 2 months! Is it just a break or is it something more severe? o.O

JessicasS wrote:

Guest wrote:

the brownish is older layer of blood and once the lighter pink comes it is the newer

Hi. I am a 33 year old mother of 2 who always had regular periods without problems. I went back on the pill after breastfeeding my youngest for 6 months - about 9 months ago. Since then, my period quite ofter was out of sync and I regularly have break-through bleeding at least once per cycle. After discussing this with my obgyn, I was put on a very strong pill to replace the current pill. After an ultrasound, she found that one of my eggs did not go through the cycle and the strong pills would take care of it. This was about three months ago, and the problem persists. no cysts or other problems were found. I would really appreciate some feedback as to other causes of such a problem.