I am going on a trip this weekend with some friends, I just started amoxicillin should I continue with my doses or stop for the weekend, we will be drinking.

You should call your pharmacist for questions like this.

First off, you should NEVER discontinue a course of antibiotics. That makes the infection go on and contributes to antibiotic resistance. There's a reason doctors always make sure you know that you need to finish the course once you start it, even if you feel better. Saying that you "will" be drinking, and considering stopping your antibiotics but not abstaining from alcohol, is a little irresponsible.

The good news is that you might be able to have a drink. Amoxicillin is probably the best antibiotic if you're going to mix antibiotics with alcohol anyway, but do ask your pharmacist or doctor just in case. It really depends on what you're taking it for and your general health, as well.