Hello! My sister usually uses naproxen for her menstrual cramps. She says it helps her much better that other pain killers she tried. Sometimes she feels such terrible pain and she take higher dose of naproxen or mix it with some other pain killer she finds at home. I told her she should not take any other pain killer together with naproxen but she said she didn't have any problems so far. How does naproxen work with other NSAIDs of salicylate family?

Hi! I would recommend your sister to visit her gynecologist before she takes any medicine to treat her menstrual cramps. Her doctor will find the drug which is the most suitable for her. Naproxen use in combination with salicylates is not recommended since it is proved that they increase the rate of excretion of naproxen. Combination of naproxen with any other NSAIDs may also result in higher frequency of adverse events then when taken each of them alone. So, you sister should know this is not good combination.