Hello! I've always had menstrual irregularities and I got used to it. Although my mother has advised visiting my doctor I haven't seen the need to visit him since I never had any other problems. But last month I felt terrible pelvic pain and decided to visit my doctor at last. He discovered cysts on my left ovarian and said it was nothing serious. He said I should take Naproxen Sodium in case of pain. Since then I haven't felt any pain at all and I am not sure should I use Naproxen for ovarian cysts pain.

Hello! In general, ovarian cysts don't cause pain. Many women have ovarian cysts without having any symptoms at all. Most cysts are part of the normal functioning of the ovary and other cysts are growths that should be removed. If a woman has a large ovarian cyst, the pain will be resolved once the cyst goes away. Menstrual irregularities and pelvic pain could be the symptoms of ovarian cysts but they could be the symptoms of other conditions as well, such as endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease. Naproxen is good in treatment of pain and if your doctor prescribed it you should use it as he told you to.