Hello! I have been using Naproxen for my menstrual cramps for some time. It was really helpful. But, last two months I noticed it didn’t relieve my pain as it used to. I am afraid it doesn’t work for me any longer. Since I have to take some pain-killer because I can’t stand the pain at all, can I take anything else?

Hello! I don’t know if your doctor prescribed Naproxen to you or you decided to use naproxen by yourself. I think it is always good to consult your doctor before taking any medicine, especially when you use it for a longer period of time. It is possible that Naproxen doesn’t work for you any longer. There are many pain killers that could be bought without doctor’s prescription and I think there are many specialized just for menstrual cramps (like Midol) but you should always carefully read instructions and see if you are allowed to take it or not.

After taking Naproxen for 2 wks it no longer works for my pain ...why?