Xrays show mild instability of cervical spine at C1-2 and C2-3. What does this mean? Xrays also show moderate spondylosis of cervical spine at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6. Could either of these findings be causing headaches. I have pain in back of left ear when I look to the left. Keeping my head turned to the right eventually stops the pain. It has been getting worse over the past few months until now when I swallow while looking slightly downward, I feel pain in the back of my neck. All of this pain is annoying and tiresome, but I can still deal with it. My concern is that if I continue to ignore this and fall or get in some minor accident, that I will get paralized. These x-rays were taken by a rheumatologist checking the reasons for my many joint pains and bone pain. Before he took the xrays, he thought I had osteoarthritis and tendinitis in my elbow and forearm. Maybe some of my pain is from my neck. Should I go back to him, or should I go straght to a orthopedic physician?

It would be a wise move to talk with the orthopedic dr. It sounds like you have some movement with the disk in your neck. The ortho dr may want you to have an MRI or Ctscan to check your neck out more closely. Xrays only tell part of the story. Ortho dr may want you to try therapy.