I am 31 years old and I have just delivered a baby boy, two weeks ago, actually,. I need to know if he is going to be ok, because there is a history of mental conditions in the family, Actually, my uncle had Borderline Personality disorder, and I would like to know condition can be inherited, I know it is not a direct blood line, but I am still worried.

Well, Borderline Personality disorder is not something that can be taken lightly, so I do understand your worries. But, still, up to now, there has been no firm evidence about the possibility of inheritance. Of course, we might mention the fact the personalities are inherited, behavior pattern, characteristics etc, but still, when we talk about genetics, there should not be any worries

Hallo,
Borderline personality disorder is a serious condition where people have a long term patterns of unstable or turbulent emotions. Problem is that these inner problems cause impulsive reactions and problematic relationships. I am not sure that this condition is inherited so you don’t have to worry too much about your child having this same condition. However if you notice any symptoms like intolerance of being alone or displays of being energy all the time you should consult your doctor and take your child for evaluation. As soon as you noticed this the easier therapy will be for your child to get rid of this condition if it has. But as I said I don’t think that this is condition is inherited in the family.