So I was in school the other day and I was looking up info for my research topic. I was on WebMD and there was an article there about how masturbation can increase a guys chance of getting prostate cancer by up to 50% (i went home and read this by the way, would have been awkward if i was caught reading it in class). I had started to masturbate about 3 weeks earlier and I was doing it about once every 2-3 days. The article said that it raises the chance of prostate cancer by about 50% for males between the ages of 20-30, but it is beneficial to a male over 50. It didn't say not to masturbate at all, it was just saying that "frequent" masturbators had an increased chance of prostate cancer (like i said, 50% more). They defined "frequent" by a person who masturbates 2-7 times a week. I am 15. If it could cause increases chance of prostate cancer developing in 20-30 year olds, could it be even more harmful to me? I realize that the safest thing to do would be to limit myself to once a week (at most) and once a month (at the least), but I would rather masturbate freely if that is an option.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20090127/masturbation-and-prostate-cancer-risk

I have read the article. I think the article means to say that young men who masturbate frequently most likely have a higher sex drive resulting from a higher testosterone level. Masturbation itself does not cause prostate cancer, but rather, the high testosterone level does. Despite such a rationale, I think it is normal and desirable for a young man to have a relatively high testosterone level, and a high sex drive. Such attributes are absolutely necessary for the human race to procreate and to survive. In my opinion, once every 2-3 days is not excessive. I think the study is flawed in failing to take into account men who already have sex partners and really don't have the need to masturbate too often or to masturbate at all. The authors did mention that masturbation is beneficial for men over the age of 50, as this will obviously lessen the symptoms of BPH, a common ailment in this age group.
I think genetic factor plays a larger role in determining who will get prostate cancer and who will not. Prostate cancer researchers should better spend their time trying to isolate the genes responsible for prostate cancer, and then try to find ways to inactivate those genes.

how much would be excessive

Is that only men can have a chance to get those cancer?How about woman?Are they capable?