I am actually asking the question, but I believe I know the answer. My experience has been that repeated masturbation between the ages of 13-35 years (6-7 times a week in some periods), constantly delaying the advent of ejaculation, to the point where I would keep masturbating for hours, is the problem behind my abacterial prostatitis, which I have had for over 30 years (I am 55 now). I believe my prostate got damaged. I find ejaculation painful now when I masturbate. With my girlfriend I had sexual dysfunction (poor erection & premature ejaculation) which made our sex life very frustrating. My urinary stream is slow, and I often dribble. My urologist is one of the top prostate experts in North America (Dr, Taguchi who wrote two best sellers on the subject) and he doesn't have a clue what to do. So I just take it day by day.  

-Charles

Having had prostatitis for a couple of myself, I know exactly how you feel. To answer your question - yes, frequent masturbation can damage the prostate and you'll have prostatitis. In fact it's the number one reason why people have prostatitis but doctors just wouldn't admit it because they want you to come back again and again. Don't believe anyone who says masturbation is good for you, maybe for a healthy prostate in moderation yes, but if done excessively, especially if it's swollen already, you'll damage it even more. I'm surprised you haven't stopped after having prostate problems for so long. I completely stopped and feeling so much better but I doubt it will fully recover. Once it's damaged, it's damaged. Good luck!

This is actually a very interesting question about male masturbation and prostate health! Did you know that a study was done, which found that frequent masturbation, but not sex with a partner, increased a man's prostate cancer risk in his 20s and 30s but actually lowered prostate cancer risk in men in their 50s?

Basically, so very little is still known about this, but it's certainly not possible to say that masturbation is never bad for prostate health in light of this study.

Certainly, if you are having a problem, talk it over with your doctor and see what can be done!