I have read quite a few threads on masturbation,quite frequent masturbation and the effects that some men say it has on their prostate and overall male health.

For starters i think its best to talk to your doctor and get checked out if you feel you are experiencing prostatitis or inflamed prostate.In my experience i have never had prostate or testical issues from over masturbation.I have been masturbating since a young teen as most men have.When i was going through a drought of not having a girlfriend than masturbating was always more frequent as i assume it would be for most men as well.As a 38 year old married man i can tell you that i still have a very high sexual drive and still masturbate 3-5 times a week on top of my sexual activity with my wife.This is normal for me.I think 3-5 times a day is excessive and might pose some problems down the road if done for years.

Use common sense and understand that yes we are all men but we are still different and our bodies react differently.What works for me may not work for you.I think that prostate massage is a powerful way to keep the prostate healthy.Again,consult your doctor and get as much information as possible before trying this.You can find very useful information on prostate massage and health ****
Find out what other men are saying and how prostate massage did or didn't work for them.Information and educating yourself is the key to solving your prostate problems.Good luck.

**edited by moderator**

Hi, It's normal for a you male to masturbate, but is it Okay if I have been masturbating every single day apart from having sexual intercourse with my girlfriend for a year. I felt a pain in my lower part of my stomach and felt as If I hadn't been to the tolilet before. Can it be a sign of prostate cancer although I am 23 years old. 

thank You

thank You

Masturbation is necessary to satisfy the ongoing male physical need to discharge semen to prevent and relieve pain from overfilled seminal vesicles. Frequent masturbation prevents wet dreams. Regular ejaculation is associated with better prostate health. Masturbation is a great stress reliever.

Masturbation is relaxing, pleasant, enjoyable, harmless, healthy, normal, and contributes to restful sleep if done before going to bed.

One may masturbate as much or as little as one wishes. There is an amount of time (called the refractory period) that one must wait before doing it again. Some teens find they need to do it three times a day. You may do it again whenever you feel ready.

One may do it in any place where one has privacy. There is no upper or lower age limit for masturbation.

In bed at night, on the toilet, or in the shower are some favorite places to masturbate.

The internally-lubricated movable nerve-laden, erogenous foreskin and its gliding action is an important aid to masturbation.

Circumcision was introduced into medical practice in the 19th century to unforeskin the penis and make it impossible to masturbate. It did not stop masturbation but it made it harder to do and perhaps less enjoyable.

How one does it depends on whether one has an internally lubricated movable foreskin that glides up and down the shaft or whether you have been unforeskinned.

If you are foreskinned, then all you need to do is glide your foreskin back and forth. The foreskin is internally lubricated with lymphatic fluid and glides without friction. The outer foreskin glides over the inner foreskin. It is not necessary or desirable to retract the foreskin. Foreskinned guys normally do not require additional lubrication. The numerous nerves inside the foreskin are stimulated by the motion and generate pleasurable sensations.

Long and vigorous masturbation can cause the foreskin to become edematous and swollen, which is painless and not a cause for alarm. The edema usually goes down within about 24 hours. Pulling back too hard is apt to stretch the frenulum and may tear it.

If you are unforeskinned and the skin is taut and immovable, then you will need some lubrication and you need to slide your hand up and down the shaft. You will likely injure yourself without lubricant. Friction burns are common when a male without foreskin masturbates without lubricant. Some lubricants are baby oil, vegetable oil, personal lubricant, soapy water, and saliva. Products containing harsh, irritating chemicals should not be used. Shampoo and body wash have been found to be irritating.

It is common for an unforeskinned male, who has been deprived of his internally lubricated foreskin, to have friction irritation if
he does not apply external lubricant.

There are many myths about masturbation, which simply are not true.

Masturbation does NOT cause insanity.
Masturbation does NOT cause memory loss.
Masturbation does NOT cause feeblemindedness.
Masturbation does NOT cause you to go blind.
Masturbation does NOT cause eye problems.
Masturbation does NOT cause blurred vision.
Masturbation does NOT cause sleeplessness.
Masturbation does NOT cause hair to grow in your palms.
Masturbation does NOT change hair color.
Masturbation does NOT cause baldness.
Masturbation does NOT cause impotence.
Masturbation does NOT prevent fathering children.
Masturbation does NOT slow down puberty.
Masturbation does NOT stunt your growth.
Masturbation does NOT affect height.
Masturbation does NOT suck out the nutrients.
Masturbation does NOT lower your testosterone.
Masturbation does NOT raise your testostorone.
Masturbation does NOT cause gynecomastia.
Masturbation does NOT cause pain in the testes.
Masturbation does NOT cause premature ejaculation.
Masturbation does NOT cause penile curvature.
Masturbation does NOT affect penis size.
Masturbation does NOT decrease stamina.
Masturbation does NOT cause knee problems.
Masturbation does NOT cause muscle weakness.
Masturbation does NOT reduce muscle mass.
Masturbation does NOT cause hernia.
Masturbation does NOT cause weight gain.
Masturbation does NOT cause pimples.
Masturbation does NOT cause acne.
Masturbation does NOT cause loss of blood.
Masturbation does NOT cause blood to flow from the urethra.
Masturbation does NOT cause your body to smell like a fish.
Masturbation does NOT make your bones softer.
Masturbation does NOT slow the growth of your penis.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis weak.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis larger.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis smaller.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis wrinkly.
Masturbation does NOT cause penile fracture
Masturbation does NOT release hormones.
Masturbation does NOT make you sexually weak.
Masturbation does NOT cause nerve problems.
Masturbation does NOT cause memory problems.
Masturbation does NOT cause cancer.
Masturbation does NOT cause back pain.
Masturbation does NOT cause stomachache.
Masturbation does NOT cause body aches.
Masturbation does NOT cause headache.
Masturbation does NOT make you thin and skinny.
Masturbation does NOT harm the kidneys.
Masturbation does NOT cause prostate cancer.
Masturbation does NOT cause psoriasis.
Masturbation does NOT cause hair fall.
Masturbation does NOT cause death.
Masturbation does NOT cause infection.