Hi, I am very concerned. My father is a sixty years old man. Apart from some usual problems, his health condition has been just fine. However, some time ago a problem occurred. His hands are shaking when in a particular position. I would appreciate it very much if you can tell me if this is Parkinson's?

Hi, I can understand your concerns. Parkinson's disease can really affect the quality of life. My father felt it on his skin. It started with the symptom that you say is present with your father-shaking hands when in a particular position. Your father is also in the age when Parkinson's disease mostly occurs. However, I can not tell you for a fact that your father is developing this condition. It is a degenerative disorder of a central nervous system. Even though there is no cure for it, there are medications that can help. At least that is what has happened with my father. A surgery is also a possibility. These methods of treatment are focused on relieving of the symptoms. I suggest you do what I did. I took my father to a doctor. This is essential so that the diagnosis can be made if the illness is present. I hope that there is nothing serious going on with your father.