I would like to know if Wegener’s granulomatosis can cause sterility. My husband, 55 years old has been diagnosed with that illness and I have to say that I am worried much for him. I have heard for sterility possibility and I would like to know if that is true. Not that we will have more kids, but that does not mean that he has to be sterile, right?

I guess you already know by now that WG is a very serious illness and it affects several systems in the body, including kidneys and lungs. Therefore, strong medications have to be used and that is the problem. Side effect of those meds might be a sterility. But, it is either that or slowly subduing of inner organs that might eventually end tragically.

Wegenerszz itself does not cause sterility. The medication that treats WG called Cytoxin causes sterility. You can get sperm frozen before taking this medication if hou will want children in future