I have been diagnosed with Wegener’s granulomatosis couple of years ago, but since it was discovered early, it all ended well. My kidneys are also ok, so there was no need for transplantation. Since I have a 15 year old daughter, I would like to know at what age this disease can appear.

There is no exact age group for this condition, although, usually older people are affected. And unfortunately, the cause is still not determined. Although it has been found out that use of drugs might induce occurring of some secondary form of this illness. The good thing is that if it is discovered early and treated properly, the patient might expect a full recovery. As it happened to you.

I was 14 when I was diagnosed.

Hello there,

First of all, congratulations on your recovery. It is so good to hear that someone has been full recovered from the illness such as Wegener’s granulomatosis.

Since you are afraid for your daughter I would suggest to simply go to the doctor. Explain to him your fears and simply do the certain tests to be sure that your daughter is just fine.

I know that this is not the answer you were hoping to hear but when the diesese like this is in question than it is best not to guess. There is not known cause of Wegener’s granulomatosis so there cannot be definite answer to your question. I hope that you will get positive answer from your doctor.