Hello, good people. My mother has been hospitalized due to some lung problems. At first, doctors didn’t know much about this, but now they suspect on wegener’s vasculitis disease. I have never heard about this disease before, so I would really appreciate some info regarding this disease. Can anyone help me with this?

Hi to you too. Wegener’s vasculitis disease is also known as Wegener’s granulomatosis. In any case, it is a form of vasculitis – autoimmune disease that attacks the wall of blood vessels. The most common localisations here are: lungs, kidneys and some other organs. It is a serious disease and will require a longer treatment. Antibodies here attack small and medium blood vessels. If they affect lungs, hemoptysis (blood coughing) is a common symptom. If they affect kidneys, chronic renal failure is possible outcome. You can consult an expert for more info. I hope your mother will be all right.