Hi, my friend is 23 years old and she is allergic on almost everything. Last week when we were preparing to go out she asked me not to use my usual perfume because she feels that she is allergic to it. In the first moment I thought it was just a joke but I realized that she is serious. Can you be allergic to perfume?

Hi, theoretically we may be allergic to everything from dust to food. However I do believe that your friend is not allergic to your perfume but it irritates her throat and lungs. I would suggest her to try some antihistamines after she consult her doctor about her present condition. I believe her problem will be solved.

Yes , allergy to perfumes is very real, no theoretical about it.

Perfumes contain all sorts of chemicals.

Those chemicals are inhaled by the passive user, and get past our blood brain barrier and into our blood stream........

the condition for this is commonly called MCS, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.

It is a very debilitating condition.

Yes, one can be severely allergic to perfumes. When i go to my sister in laws, i have to remember not to wear any. Any thing with fragrence in it drives her nuts from sneezing to hackin and coughing with watery eyes.
She has to use all fragrance free products from cleaning supplies to laundry supplies.

Hi Bbfeet. I am starting a blog to talk about how I have overcome my MCS. this time last year I felt like I was dying, I had become a complete recluse because of MCS. But there is hope! My starting point was a download "How I cured my allergies" by Ian Solley. I got a lot of info and strength from this guy.

This is my blog, over the next few weeks I will explain how I self-diagnosed and treated myself, without paying a fortune, and how i am now enjoying life again.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed