I resently like i guess became obbsessed with allergic reactions like I wont eat many foods because i'm scared i will have an allergic reaction i need serious help i'm losing weight and everything i just i need more information about allergic reactions !

Hi Guest,

You can become allergic to almost any substance but the common ones are peanuts, dairy products, shellfish, etc.

See an allergist.

I have been having similar issues too. It might just be anxiety, but last time I ate peanuts my throat felt rough and swollen...and i had strawberries today and my arm had red blotches on it, and Im unsure if me having recent health issues is causing me to be actually allergic to things, or just overly cautious and worried that i am. But what I do to help myself from eating too extreme of a diet (in the sense of always eating the same foods because I am sure that I am not allergic to those), I try to branch out slowly, like have a bowl of raisin bran on day, then eat raisin bread because its "essentially the same thing" then trying a cinnamon roll, etc, until you have incorporated more and more variety back into your diet...and if there is a specific food you are afraid of, or a little hesitant about, maybe go somewhere near and ER, or even sit in the waiting room, and eat that said food, that way in the extremely rare case that you will be allergic to it, you will be near medical help, maybe eat a bowl of Reese's Puffs, because that includes half of the "big 8" , or most common allergies (corn, peanuts, milk, and wheat). If you eat something and DONT have a reaction, it will give you peace of mind. Unless you have had a specific incident that leads you to believe that you are in fact allergic to something, then I wouldn't be too worried, allergies are very rare. Also, maybe seen an allergen doc, who can test you (but those tests aren't always 100 percent accurate)
Best of luck (:

One caution, the first time you are exposed to an allergen, you won't have an allergic reaction. You need to be sensitized first.

Your body will build up antibodies the first time you're exposed and during an allergic reaction, your immune system basically over reacts.

Hope it helps.