Lately, for alteast two- two and a half months i've had a terrible cough. Sometimes i cough so hard i feel like i'm going to die and cant stop hacking. This morning I coughed pretty hard but it wasn't as bad as it gets, and heard a crack i thought I heard from my back, but as soon as i heard it my ribs started hurting really bad. Its the upper right side of my ribcage, and i can hardly move. I cant twist my back, can't move my left arm, and the last time i stood up it kind of hurt more when i'd walk and use the muscles in my legs. I'm worried i cracked my ribs, or damaged my lungs or something. I know if i cracked my ribs, theres really nothing doctors can do, but whatever i did, is there anyway to fix it?

hey kayle,

yes you absolutly can crack a rib from coughing hard you can also tear some of the connective tissue between your ribs.

i would get this cough checked out and possibly tested for tuberculosis if your cough has been this bad for this long

thanks ;-)

do you think smoking certain things could cause my cough?

well they certianly wont help your cough. what type of certian things?
and how long have you smoked them before you got this cough? ;-)

It happened to me.  I had bad congestion that caused a severe coughing attack and actually heard a rib crack in my chest.  The diagnosis was confirmed by the ER and the only cure is a natural healing process with pain medication as needed only.  This post helped confirm my theory about how that happened.