About 3 months ago I was diagnosed with Biliary Dyskinesia when a HIDA Scan showed my gallbladder had an ejection fraction of 6%. After spending 2 months ruling out IBS as the cause of my pain, I'm scheduled for surgery to get my GB removed next week.

My symptoms are a dull ache on my right side by my ribs and crampy pains in my mid/right upper and sometimes lower abdomen. It is especially bad after eating and I have lost 7 pounds in a week just from being afraid to eat. My surgeon said that surgery will help with the dull pain, but he doesn't believe it will help with my crampy pain. Especially my lower abdomen cramping. Right now, I'll take any relief I can get. However, I'm really hoping surgery will cure all my pain.

SO, I'm curious what other people's symptoms are/were. Did you have any unusual symptoms and did surgery help?

Thanks!!! :)

49 yr old male, and in fairly good health. in fact, 6-12 months prior to my gb removal, i was in perfect health....looked like i was 25 (sorry for my vanity). anyway, i do not look as good now, but my gb pains came on quickly and in less than a week i was in for surgery (march 2015). it was 'textbook' according to surgeon, and only known complications were a horrible hack (cough) immediately in the recovery stage (i blame the recovery room nurse who was hacking all over me when i came out of anesthesia). anyway, yes i have a constant dull cramp on my right side now at the bottom of rib cage. it is not debilitating and i can move around basically as usual, but it's there...always. and i wish it wasn't. i have learned to live with it. i'm guessing it's scar tissue, and i have not seen the surgeon since my 2 week post surgery followup. i'm done with the whole scene and just want to move on. so moral of the story i guess is that i am not the same person i was before surgery (physically) and i'll just deal with it. maybe one day the pain will disappear, but i'm not counting on it. *sigh*