Hello! I have tibia stress fracture. But, I want to know what this injury precisely is. What I want to ask you is following: can you describe me tibia stress fracture. This is very important to me because I want to know what my injury is. I hope you will be able to provide me appropriate answer… Thank you in advance!

Hello! I will do my best to explain you this. Tibia stress fracture usually occurs near the foot. Tibia stress fracture usually occurs because of overloading the bone, but it is known that this injury occurs if you change running surface. This injury is not easy one and you will need some time to completely recover from it.

Bone is not a static substance. In other words new bone is constantly being made and old bone is being reabsorbed. This process must be balanced by the body. A stress fracture occurs when old bone is reabsorbed more quickly than new bone can be made. The result of this imbalance is a weakening of the bone. The most common area for stress fractures is in the foot since the foot can be subjected to great forces during walking and especially running. This is a more common injury in people who start running without taking the time to condition themselves. In particular athletes who have laid off activity for a long time or new military recruits are particularly vulnerable. An untreated stress fracture can lead to a complete fracture since the affected bone is weakened. The treatment is to reduce activity and when the pain subsides slowly return to high demand activity.