Hello! I am suffering from tibia stress fracture. I feel improvement and I want to ask you if I can swim with tibia stress fracture. This is very important for me because I am a sportiest and I need to stay in very well condition. I really hope you will be able to answer me. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! I hope that your doctor told you that you will need some time for recovering (from six to twelve months). It is important to rest for few weeks (because if you do not practice resting, you can harm tibia even more). After this period of resting, after consulting with your doctor you will know will you be able to swim or not.

Well,
It is interesting that many ask this question. Now the tibia stress fracture is not a simple one but I think that you will be able to spend some time in the pool. For instance swimming is good because your body is not making any pressure o your back or your legs. However I am not sure will you be able to work with your legs in water if you have tibia stress fracture. You might feel some pain in the legs if you swim with your legs as well. You have to be careful and work with your arms all the time. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,
Nelie

Hello, 1 week ago I was diagnosed with a tibial stress reaction (not a fracture yet) doctor told me to give it 3 weeks & use my crutches if pain is felt. 2 days after I felt no pain with walking so ditched the crutches. On Sunday I decided to go swimming... I also went to the gym & got to excited & did to many seated leg presses on the machine. The next day my muscle were tired/sore & it felt like I had undone my time of rest so far... 3 days later if doing nothing & it's feeling better, went straight back on my crutches. On Monday was told I'm only allowed 20kgs max on my leg so I was hobbling on my crutches trying to put as little weight as possible on it with every step... Jowever, I felt this only caused pain in my opposite foot & didn't really help my tibia. Is there a specific way I should walk on it with the crutches? Should I have gone swimming? Hope you can help...

Yes you can swim

6-12 months?
Absolute rubbish.
A decent physiotherapist will take 6-8 weeks with your injury