Hello! I like volleyball and I play it very often with my friends. Since few days ago I feel pain in my foot. A friend of mine told me that could be that I have foot stress fracture. But, I still have not visited my doctor, because I doubt that I have this injury. I am doubt because painful area is red and cold and I do not think that this is symptom of foot stress fracture.

Hello! My dear, you are wrong. I am almost convinced that you are suffering from foot stress fracture, but you will need to check this with your doctor. In case of foot stress fracture, painful area can be cold and red, also, you may feel tenderness and swelling in hurt bone. So, my advice for you is: visit your doctor as soon as possible.

Hi there,
Stress fractures are very problematic because they can happen when your legs are overused but they are not that easy to treat and there is always a chance that they might reoccur. I think that your foot is having a lack of blood flow and that you need to see your doctor regarding this. If your feet are cold there is a lack of blood in them that keeps them warm. You have to run a few tests at the hospital in order to find the best possible solution for your problem. I hope that you will be able to talk to your doctor about this and that you won’t have the fracture reoccur.

Best wishes,
Marco