Hello! I have pain in tibia area and I am afraid that I have tibia stress fracture. But, my friend told me that tibia stress fracture has specific pain. So, can you tell me what pain is involved in tibia stress fracture? This is very important to me. Also, please tell me what I should to do. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! First of all, only you can do is to visit your doctor. This is very important, because if this pain is not caused because of tibia stress fracture, it has other source. I will explain you pain now: for tibia stress fracture is characteristic crescendo pain. Characteristic for this pain is that it improves while you are running…

Well,
Tibia stress fracture can be very complicated one. I know that this can happen very often and people usually don’t pay attention in the beginning until the pain is severe. I know that the pain usually occurs after running long distances. The pain is presented in the lower third of the tibia. You may also have pain when you press your shin. You might notice some swelling as well along the pain in the bone. In my opinion you should see your doctor as soon as you can in order to treat this problem on time. You really don’t wish to wait for condition to get any worse. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Nelie

I was told that I have a tiba fracture, I had to take pain meds for a week 3x a day, then 2x a day the next week, 1x a day for the third week, then none for a couple of days, then my ankle started hurting so much and I took 1/2 pill at night before I went to bed so I could sleep. I did this for two days. I am off of all pain meds for 2 days now however my ankle and foot is still swelling up double in size. This afternoon the right side of my ankle was really hurting when I laid down or elevated it.  I go back to the doctor on the 23rd May so am hoping he doesn't tell me that I have done something to my ankle or there is something they didn't see the first time.  Has anyone had trouble with the ankle after a tiba fracture?  Thanks for your answer.