Hey I was just wondering, but I'm pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my one foot. I haven't had it professionally checked out or anything, but I have most all of the symptoms of stress fractures, so I'm pretty sure I have one from running too much. Anyways, I'm leaving for basic training in 12 days (great timing, huh?) and I don't want to stop now because I wanna be in my best shape ever when I get there. I have stopped running for the past few days and I don't plan on running again until they make me do it in basic. Instead, I'm doing swimming now for my cardio. I just swim for about an hour and my foot feels fine; other than the occasional cramp, but I don't think that's because of the fracture. I just want to know if it's ok for me to be swimming with a foot stress fracture. I know that you can't really do anything to heal them other than just let them rest, so please let me know. Thank you!

You could be okay with swimming since you aren't putting stress on it but if you go to basic training with a stress fracture, it could turn to a broken foot instead. I can tell you that it will be pretty awful for you if you are not careful. Please see a doctor about this now and see what you can do. Maybe you can e even delay your assignment. Keep us posted!