Hey I was just wondering, but I'm pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my one foot. I haven't had it professionally checked out or anything, but I have most all of the symptoms of stress fractures, so I'm pretty sure I have one from running too much. Anyways, I'm leaving for basic training in 12 days (great timing, huh?) and I don't want to stop now because I wanna be in my best shape ever when I get there. I have stopped running for the past few days and I don't plan on running again until they make me do it in basic. Instead, I'm doing swimming now for my cardio. I just swim for about an hour and my foot feels fine; other than the occasional cramp, but I don't think that's because of the fracture. I just want to know if it's ok for me to be swimming with a foot stress fracture. I know that you can't really do anything to heal them other than just let them rest, so please let me know. Thank you!

I think that this may be a repost so I think I should reply to it just in case you missed the last time you posted it. Yes, you definitely want to take it easy on your foot if you have a stress fracture and swimming should be fine while you are doing it--but bear in mind that you could still be injuring your foot depending on where the fracture is. I think you need to see a doctor about this because it could affect your ability to go into the military. Please keep us posted!